PCH Prep



Last year's ride taught me that I'd be better off with a throttle lock. Tried a number of market items, none of which worked as promised. In prep for this trip I picked up a Throttlemeister. Did a Vegas trip and it wasn't long before I forgot how much I paid for it.

Also completed the list of goods for the trip and did a test pack and ride. While the Corbin Beetlebags aren't conducive to luggage, if you pack outside the box, so to speak, they'll hold a lot.

The black compression bag lashed to the backrest holds the three-person tent, two sleeping bags, two pillows and three air mattresses. Mindy will port clothes and ride gear for her and Katie and the third sleeping bag.




R side - two-person tent, tent poles for three-person tent, two Brunton stoves, my trusty Jet Boil, cook kit, three plates, coffee mugs, utensil sets, MSR water purifier, and a couple of dry pack dinners.


L side - four days of clothing packed in a Space Bag.


Last year my rear Power Pilot disintegrated along the grooved cement south of Las Vegas - ripped it down to the cords. A stop at Primm and inspection revealed the damage.


We loaded the 'Bird onto the grip trailer and u-turned it back to Vegas to Carter's and three hours later found the 'Bird with a new set.

There's 9,000 miles on them now, making me a little squirrelly. We won't have the luxury of a support vehicle. Chicken strips and wear indicators close to the surface... looks like I'll be springing for new skins.

Installed new brake pads all around and fresh oil and filter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Smoky Mountain Road on The Grand Staircase

Our Hie to Kolob

that curvy undulating ribbon of black